Page 2 - Removing The Ads
This will not work with the
newest build. I believe ICQ released this build to fix us from hacking it, but the SMS fix
on previous page should be fine.
This should be easy, I took all the hard steps and did them for you. So, this should take
you only a few minutes, like the SMS Button.
Removing the Ad Banners
**Note: if you removed your SMS button by following the guide on the
previous page, skip steps 1 through 4 in the procedures below!**
**Make sure ICQ is off**
1. Open up regedit (Start menu -> run, then type in regedit)
2. Go to the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mirabilis\ICQ\DefaultPrefs
3. Double click on the "Auto Update" string, change the value to No
4. Close regedit
5. Open windows explorer, or whatever you use to browse your computer's files
6. Go to X:\Program Files\ICQ\, where X = your drive's partition letter
7. Delete the following files: icqateima32.dll, icqateimg32.dll, icqateres.dll
8. Download this file, ICQCore.zip
9. Unzip it into X:\Program Files\ICQ\, where X = your drive's partition letter
10. Make sure you overwrite the old .dll
11. You're done, just restart ICQ!
After you have followed all these steps, it hasn't worked, and then you've
followed all the steps again, you can email me @
Join Xtreme Tek's Mailing List